Location & Demographics
The Bellco Theatre at the Colorado Convention Center is located in downtown Denver surrounded by award-winning dining, world-class museums, and natural beauty from the Rocky Mountains backdrop.
The Bellco Theatre at the Colorado Convention Center is located in downtown Denver adjacent to the RTD Lightrail (public transit) system at the Theatre District/Convention station. A parking garage is located on site and provides direct access to the box office and theatre.
Denver is the largest city within a 600-mile radius. For more than 125 years, it has been the cultural, shopping and entertainment capital of this vast region. This clean, young and green city with over 200 parks and dozens of tree-lined boulevards has always been known as the Mile High City.
Although considered "Western" in character, Denver is actually located in the center of the country, just 346 miles (557 km) west of the exact center of the continental United States. With the exception of Kansas City, Denver is closer to the exact center of the nation than any other metropolitan area. The 15th step on the west side of the State Capitol Building is exactly 5,280 feet (1,609 m), one mile above sea level.
POPULATION AND DEMOGRAPHICS (as of January 2023)
According to the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation, the Metro Denver region had a 1.3% population growth rate between 2010 and 2019 and is consistently ranked as one of the fastest-growing areas in the nation.
The region is one of the top in the country for in-migration of Millennials, which will make up the future workforce. More impressive facts about Metro Denver and Colorado’s demographics:
- Colorado was the sixth-fastest growing state between 2010 and 2020 (U.S. Census Bureau, 2021)
- Colorado is the nation’s second-most highly educated state for residents (42.7 percent) with a bachelor’s degree or higher (U.S. Census Bureau, 2019)
- In addition, Colorado has the nation’s lowest obesity rate and is No. 2 for physical activity (Trust for America’s Health, 2020; Kaiser State Health Facts, 2019)
- Colorado ranks No. 2 for workforce (CNBC, 2021)
The Denver Metro area has a population of 3,236,481
- The metro area including Denver, Arapahoe, Jefferson, Adams, Boulder, Douglas and Broomfield counties has a population of 3 million
- Colorado has a population of 5.8 million
The Denver Metro area is home to ethnic and minority population groups that combined represent approximately one-third of Metro Denver’s total population, and are growing rapidly.
- 4.6% Asian
- 5.2% African American
- 64.6% Caucasian
- 22.6% Hispanic;
- 0.5% Native American
- Median Age 37
- Median Household Income $74,481
- Male 50.1%
- Female 49.9%
- High School Graduate or Higher (Age 25+) 92.3%
- 4-Year College Degree 47.8%